It’s so important that you take care of yourself in healthy ways, so you can stay strong and well. Take care of your physical and emotional needs by:
- Getting enough sleep to wake up feeling well-rested.
- Find physical activities you enjoy in order to stay motivated.
- Don’t let eating right be an afterthought. Stock healthy foods. Eat regular meals as you are able.
- Try to take your breaks, take a few minutes out of your busy day.
- During time off, let yourself be a priority. Try to do things that help you relax and recharge.
- Practice techniques such as deep breathing, relaxation or meditation to reduce stress.
- Work on developing realistic expectations about your job. Accept that there will be things you can’t control or fix.
- Notice your emotional boundaries on the job. Strive for an empathetic, but balanced level of emotional involvement.
- Don’t overlook or ignore issues in your personal life that might add to your stress at work.
- Use the support of others. Talk out concerns with your coworkers, partner, family or friends. Check out work support groups.