Venture On-The-Fly Golf Tourney
September 8 - October 6
We have decided to cancel the Venture Memorial Golf Tournament for 2020; a difficult decision, but we feel it is currently best given the COVID Pandemic. However, since life is beginning to return to some normalcy, we would like to announce a unique replacement – the Venture On-the-Fly Golf Tourney (VOTFG). The guidelines for this fund-raising tourney are simple; we ask each of you to assemble or join a Foursome or Twosome and play a round on any course you choose between SEP 9th– OCT 6th. Venture Foundation will then host a Zoom cocktail hour on October 14th at 7:00 PM to announce the prize recipients and share highlights of the VOTFG. The intent here is to see which Team can donate the most money, not necessarily shoot the lowest Team score. Please be generous with your donation as our ability to raise funds in COVID-2020 is limited, and Venture funding needs only grow.
Here is how you can participate and support Venture:
- Each Team needs to form-up and appoint a Captain; each team player must register online (using their chosen Team name), which includes paying their donation to participate in the VOTFG. The minimum personal donation is $125 per golfer; there is no maximum. Of course, if, after the round is over, you wish to increase your donation, please contact us. The objective is to raise money for Venture, whether by your gift or by a sponsor that will donate to your Team name on your behalf.
- The format is Stroke Play, no handicaps considered, there are no formal Long Drives, and Closest to the Pin, but we indeed encourage you to set up your intergroup friendlies.
- Golfers may participate in numerous rounds of golf between SEP 9th – OCT 6th, but to be counted in the VOTFG, each game must be accompanied by a minimum donation of $125 per golfer.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- The Foursome and the Twosome with the highest Team donation amount; if there is a tie, the prize will be awarded to the Team with the highest donation amount and the lowest total Team score.
- The Team that introduces the most “new” players; a new player, is one that has not previously played in a Venture Golf Tournament.
- The golfer with the Most unique golf attire (individual photo with the golf scorecard for the day is required).
- All golfers are encouraged to attend the Awards Cocktail Party, a ZOOM event, to be held on October 14th at 7:00 PM. We will mail a Putt-in-Place prize package to your home, including a unique participation code for the Awards Cocktail Party show to each golfer that registers to attend. (Advanced Awards Party registration is required to ensure an adequate supply of Putt-in-Place)
- Non-Golfers can also participate in the Awards Cocktail Party for a donation fee of $50. They will also receive Putt-in-Place
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (845) 580-9380.